As part of our many member benefits, we are proud to offer a number of different volunteer opportunities throughout the year for you to get involved, network, and meet new peers in the municipal sector. Volunteering is a great way to build upon your skills, learn from others’ experiences and expertise, get more involved, and give back to the Association.
Ways to Get Involved
- Municipal Monitor contributors
- Working Groups
- Zone Executive
- Conference Planning Committee
- Legislative & Policy Advisory Committee (LPAC)
- Board of Directors
- Focus Groups
- Zone Activities
For more information about getting involved at the Zone level, please visit your Zone page and connect with your Zone Executive.
NEW - Roster of Municipal Subject Matter Advisors
As an association, we often rely on the experience, input, and advice of our members, including the Legislative and Policy Advisory Committee (LPAC) and the Board of Directors, to inform our advocacy priorities and responses to Federal and Provincial government initiatives.
For the first time, we are offering a unique volunteer opportunity to help support our advocacy efforts for those who may not be able to formally commit to joining LPAC or the Board. Our roster of municipal subject matter advisors will:
- Provide technical input when their experience and specialties are in alignment with an advocacy priority, project, or initiative.
- Self-identify their interest in being ‘on-call’ as supplemental sources of insight for AMCTO policy and government relations staff.
- Make valuable contributions to advancing our advocacy work.
- Be able to attain professional development units (PDUs) towards the maintenance of AMCTO accreditations.
This is a great opportunity to support our advocacy work with a flexible, short-term commitment Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.