Following the resignation of Steve Clark from Cabinet on September 4, Premier Ford has appointed Paul Calandra as Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
Minister Calandra has represented Markham-Stouffville since the 2018 general election. He has served as Government House Leader since 2019, Minister of Legislative Affairs since 2021 and previously served as Minister of Long-Term Care. In addition to his position as Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing, he will continue to serve as Government House Leader.
Rob Flack, MPP for Elgin-Middlesex-London, has been appointed Associate Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing with a specific mandate on attainable housing and modular homes, reporting to the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
Other changes to the Executive Council include:
- Prabmeet Sarkaria becomes Minister of Transportation;
- Caroline Mulroney becomes President of the Treasury Board;
- Stan Cho becomes Minister of Long-Term Care;
- Todd McCarthy becomes Associate Minister of Transportation; and
- Nina Tangri becomes Associate Minister of Small Business reporting to the Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade.
In addition, Andrea Khanjin will assume responsibilities as Deputy Government House Leader, and Caroline Mulroney will remain Minister of Francophone Affairs.
As an Association, we look forward to working with the new Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing and members of the Executive Council.