The Ministry of Energy has announced information on stakeholder engagements regarding proposed amendments to O. Reg 507/18: Broader Public Sector: Energy Reporting and Conservation and Demand Management Plans under the Electricity Act, 1998. The ministry is going to host stakeholder engagement sessions in November for further review and discussion, and you are invited to participate. Each session will be 90-minutes long. The agenda will include:
- review of the spring 2022 user research sessions where the sector identified their user requirements for a replacement energy reporting portal, and program-related changes;
- list of the proposed changes to O.Reg 507/18 that support changes requested by the sector, such as reporting on the previous calendar year;
- live demonstration of Portfolio Manager, highlighting how it meets user requirements identified by the sector, like easy user account set-up and password management, prefabricated reporting, and ministry’s support in data transfer;
- discussion of potential impacts including cost and effort;
- planned ministry support strategies; and
- any other feedback from attendees in response to proposed regulatory changes and the move to a new reporting portal.
Select from one of the following dates and times to attend a session:
- Tuesday, Nov 15th from 3:00 to 4:30 PM
- Thursday, Nov 17th from 10:00 to 11:30 AM
- Thursday, Nov 17th from 10:30 to 12:00 noon
- Tuesday, Nov 22nd from 1:30 to 3:00 PM
- Thursday, Nov 24th from 1:00 to 2:30 PM
Please email to confirm your attendance by Tuesday, November 8 specifying any accessibility requirements. If none of these dates work for your schedule but you are interested in participating, please contact the ministry so they can find an alternative time.